Saturday, December 8, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

It’s time to take my own advice


For years, I have never "given up" anything as a resolution; instead I have always chosen to embrace a new challenge or an adventure. 

I will still find another adventure or challenge to tackle in 2013, but I have also finally decided to stop/give up doing some things.

Here is the first one:

I will stop putting energy into "friends" who come to me, seeking advice/help/motivation, then refuse to take it, yet keep coming back to me complaining about their life then seeking more advice.

Don't get me wrong, I am there for friends who come to me in order to vent, complain, and just bitch about a day...we all need a sounding board for our "moments." I'm "guilty" of venting and bitching too...I am human.  

My resolution is to distance myself from "friends" who continually complain, ask for advice, yet continue to do nothing to change things. It has become far too exhausting.

I will continue to save my energy and expertise for my productive clients-and of course my supportive friends.

Perhaps my clients respect my time more than the "friends" do since the clients are paying for it...In actually, my clients don’t want to waste their time and money talking about things. They want to do things! They want results! They want a happy, healthy, and productive life!
Don’t get me wrong, my clients and I talk…sometimes quite a bit. 

My clients have come to me, paid their hard earned money, put themselves in a vulnerable position by sharing their weakness with me and have asked for help. They don’t come to me to complain, they come to me for guidance. They take the advice. If I believe someone else can give them better advice in certain areas, I refer elsewhere and they go, they seek it, implement it, and thrive because of it.  They really want to do something to make the changes that make their lives better. That is why they are successful.

Since last year, I have not taken any new clients due to the fact that I've gone back to school full time. I have cut down almost 100% from seeing clients, yet I have continued to keep in touch with many. I do not charge my former clients when they call or write to me for advice because I know they respect it and utilize it, and they keep me updated on the successes that were a direct result of my advice and training. It is these amazing clients that have helped open my eyes in order to see how much I've continued to invest in people who have absolutely no respect for my time, experience, expertise in the world of health, fitness, and the care and prevention of injuries.

It is time for me to take the advice I have given to many clients over the years:

“It’s time to drop the dead weight in your life.
Only support those who are willing to work hard to achieve the things they desire!”

Whatever your New Year's Resolutions are, I wish ya'll a happy and healthy 2013!
:)

of




No comments:

Post a Comment