Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back to School!

Back in College after 20 years!


It’s been a while since I’ve posted on the Disciplined Indulgence Blog.
So much has been happening.

Many of you know about the FIRE
at The Controlled Burn Fitness Studio.

The day of the fire, I made up my mind to go back to school!
The catch: I had less than 5 days to go through the application process which included writing several lengthy essays and hunting down old college transcripts that date all the way back to 1990 when I first tackled college before heading off and pursuing my dance career.

I’m currently enrolled in the amazing LEAP Program 
(Liberal Education for Arts Professionals)
through Saint Mary’s College of California


I've already completed
KINES 17 - Kinesiology and Human Performance

I'm in the process completing
LEAP 176 - Writing for the Liberal Arts
and

LEAP 100 - Personal and Professional Assessment

 
For the next couple of months I’ll be sharing bits, pieces, brainstorming, and rough drafts from some of the Learning Process Papers, Experiential Learning Papers, and Developmental Autobiographies, from my Personal and Professional Assessment course; and tid-bits from my Writing for Liberal Arts Class.
I welcome any comments, criticism, and words of encouragement.
Thank y’all so much for your continued support!
Wishing ya’ll a happy and healthy day!
M
J


No comments:

Post a Comment