Monday, December 27, 2010

Rainy Day/Winter Fun

Are you allergic to water?
Are you allergic to snow?
I didn't think so.

I love getting outside no matter what the weather has in store for me
Wind, Rain, Snow, Excessive Heat
as long as you're prepared, you can have a great time out there!
Here I am on December 18th, 2010
taking a break from kayaking in Newport Bay, CA
between the Coast Guard Beach and the Jetty
enjoying a little rain after playing in the wind and waves by the jetty

Don't let a little rain, wind, or snow stop you
from enjoying The Great Outdoors

Here are some more of my favorite pics
from cold/stormy/wet/snowy adventures

This is me enjoying my first real winter
(far from the warm winters of Los Angeles, CA)
on lake Taneycomo in Branson, Mo

I love warm and fuzzy hats
especially when they cover my ears!
: )

One thing I don't enjoy is being cold
but that can easily can be taken care of with the right clothing
Once I get moving
the kayak gets pretty toasty.

But be warned
if you decide to go kayaking in super-cold weather
wear Gortex/something waterproof
It's not the threat of falling in or getting rained on
that you need to be worried about
It's the possibility of sitting in soggy pants
because the condensation that collects on the inside of the kayak from your body heat mixing with the kayak sitting in cold water can create some really drippy-drawers.
Eeeew!
: /

This is me one NYE on Santa Cruz Island
enjoying some bubbly and treats after hiking all day in the rain

It cleared up just long enough to snack for about an hour
Enough time to take some silly pictures, and laugh at a huge crow
that flew off with a WHOLE wedge of triple cream brie
which weighed about a 1/2lb

I figured it would be a good thing to pass the time by taking silly pictures

I was in good company
20 year Tawny and some Bubbly

2nd night
still raining
What the heck
more snacks and more bubbly
Cheers!

Here I am on San Miguel Island
enjoying a super drizzly, super windy, ranger-lead hike to see the Elephant Seals
 
I'm right here, in the back
wearing the super-sexy outfit with the backpack, high socks and the skirt
; )

This is one of my all time favorite pictures
because it was taken on one of my all-time favorite adventures
backpacking the Kalalau Trail on the Na Pali Coast in Kauai, Hawaii
I look very happy here
because I was lucky enough to be able to pitch my tent
before the next really bad storm hit.
This was my first backpacking trip ever!
Here's an incredible quick google aerial video of the trail
: )
However
it turns out that I was there during the worst storm
Kauai had experienced since Hurricane Iniki.
This trip is responsible for changing my perspective
on my personal expectations, acceptance, pride, ability, and respect.

I encourage you to get outside
Embrace a little discomfort.
Face a fear.
Live.
Enjoy!
: )


No comments:

Post a Comment