Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ghetto Gourmet Ramen Night

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010
 Rockin' the Ramen in a Healthy Way!

As I've stated before,
We are on a budget. A tight budget!
When I hear people say
"it's too expensive to eat healthy"
I want to smack them with their 5cent package of ramen!
This meal is absolute proof that cheap doesn't have to be tacky,
unappetizing or unhealthy.
Check the pics from this evening in my Facebook album
for tags of all the ingredients.

Setting the table with all the goodies that will be dressing up the
"ghetto gourmet" meal that is "6 packs for a dollar-everybody holla"
Ramen
 Mmmm, Shrimp...I love shrimp in my ramen.
 Shrimp, meet all the other goodies that you'll be swimming with in my ramen.
Oooh, y'all look good together...but I think we'll need a little something more to dress things up.
 Ahhh, Bubbly...waiting in the wings.
You sure know how to dress up and evening.
 You have to admit, that even blurry, it still looks pretty darned good.
But it's still missing something.
SHRIMP!
 : )
Such a great meal with a splurge of $17
for the Tasmanzian Bubbly from Anne's Boutique Wines in Costa Mesa.
It was an excellent and refreshing bubbly that had just the perfect amount of crisp and hint of sweet to off set the super hot heat of the random red pepper from our garden that pretty much blistered my lips
and left me drooling for about a half an hour.

So, whatya think?
Super pretty, pretty healthy, absolutely delicious and super cheap!
And plenty of room for dessert.

SUGAR BOMBS! 
 These little critters
were the very first thing we ever made in my 7th grade Home-Ec class.
Hadn't thought of them in ages and decided to make the when Mister AC and I first began dating.

Well, the dessert isn't exactly healthy, but Mister AC loves them.

Now, go dress up some ramen, and leave room for dessert!
: )


2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!

    I'll surrend.

    I mean, I had been a self-described ramen master, at least I regarded me as so.

    But I'll surrend.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoshi! I can't wait to visit you in Japan so you can show me how to make ramen the proper way :)

    ReplyDelete