Saturday, December 14, 2013

Weekly Reflection Paper No. 9 of 10

Calasanz.MelissaAdylia 1
 Saint Mary's College of California
LEAP 198 Senior Project 
Student Supervisor of the Glendale Community College
DANCE 107
Survey of Dance Teaching Methodology Class

Weekly Reflection Paper No. 9
Now that I have completed the documents “DANCE 107 DANCE 107 Final Portfolio Guidelines and Exam Date Reminders cc” and ‘DANCE 107 Rubric D107 Final Exam Portfolio Evaluation cc” I realized I am coming into the home stretch. I cannot believe this semester is almost done!
The ending of this semester is bitter-sweet. Sweet, because I will be done with my ART111, HEALTH 104, FN146, DANCE 107 Class, DANCE 107 Internship, and DACNE 50 internship. Just typing all those classes exhausts me! Bitter, because I will no longer be working with Dora. I will miss how much I look forward to our bi-weekly meetings about the students, rubrics, lesson plans, ethics, and organization. I will miss being challenged to explore course outlines, SLOs, and the inner working of college documentation, and hiring processes. And I will miss so much more.
I will miss the students who really want to work, want to learn, and want to do their best. I will miss the feeling of accomplishment when I submit a document for Dora’s approval. I will miss evaluating the portfolios, lesson plans, and two-page essays from the students, and I will definitely miss watching the students teach class to their fellow students. However, I will not miss the lack of physical activity my body is suffering from this semester. I cannot wait to get away from the computer, get some rest, and enjoy some exercise, for a couple of weeks before I begin a winter session class in January.
During my break before winter session, I’ve volunteered to help Dora transfer many of the documents I created to Moodle. I am so honored to know that lesson plans, and assignments I created are good enough to be integrated with Dora’s Survey of Dance Teaching Methodology Class.
While discussing the Moodle transfer, Dora and I realized that we never addressed your (Mark B.) request for a text suggestion. When the semester first began, we both used google, asked people, poked around in the library (I even used the Saint Mary’s Library resources to no avail), and found nothing that lent any assistance with completing the tasks I had set out to do. When we realized we had not found a book, Dora said something along the lines of “what you needed to learn about lesson plans, Bloom’s taxonomy, SLOs, etc. for a college…I don’t know where you would fine one text book for that…what you did…your research and the examples you found is how you learn…that is how I learned.”
I am confident that the amount of reading, printing, typing, re-doing documents and the finished results are proof that the information I gleaned from poking around the Glendale College, UC Irvine, Cal State Long Beach, and Saint Mary’s websites, was priceless. The process of doing my own research, and learning by trial and error has lent a better understanding of how to create respectable lesson plans, study guides, assignments, and rubrics, as well as practical experience about time-management and document organization and labeling.
My last document assignment from Dora was to send out an email reminder about final assignment deadlines and the final exam: “DANCE 107 Final Portfolio Guidelines and Exam Date Reminders cc.” I also took it upon myself to create a more detailed grading rubric for the student’s final portfolio, “DANCE 107 Rubric D107 Final Exam Portfolio Evaluation cc.” Yes, it met Dora’s approval. J
I’m really looking forward to seeing the portfolios the students will be tuning in next week for their final grade! J


9. Calasanz.MelissaAdylia LEAP 198
Weekly Reflection Paper Senior Project GCC DANCE 107 Internship


No comments:

Post a Comment