Saturday, October 9, 2010

"The Love of My Life"

Before there was Andrew
there was
"The Love of My Life"

No, not the car...
...the yellow kayak on top.
: )

I love my kayak so much, I even wrote a love letter to it
(sad, I know)

Originally written 3/4/2009



I love you.

It's been about a year since we first met after a great dinner at Bashan.
I came to you in 4 inch heels and took you that night, never to be used again by Jet Set Playboy, though he's eyed you many times since.
You are the most exciting and physically pleasurable relationship I have ever had.
You are good to me.
You understand me and are so responsive.
You've been there for me whenever I have wanted you.
You respond to my whim and are ready to be tied up (to the top of my car) and paddled (I'm still talking "kayaking", people) at a moments notice.
I've gotten you dirty and didn't clean you up; left you out in the rain; used you multiple time in 24 hours for my pleasure with no regard for your needs, and still, you are there for me.
You make me feel good.
You make my body feel amazing.
You make my body look amazing.
You make me happy.
You make me feel proud, capable, impressive.
You always feel good no matter where I put my legs...in you, around you, on top of you...you're a great ride no matter what.
We enjoy the gentle and slow times as much as when it's rough.
How I've loved the days where my face, arms and chest are left with a salty glow after we've spent hours in the sun, sweaty, panting, and stroking till exhaustion...I keep coming to get you, so you can take me to where I love to go...to get wet in the sunshine and to make my muscles ripple and glisten...oh, how I love it when they all watch, sometimes cheering at me "faster, c'mon on, faster...damn, she's fast, she looks good".
You are there for me when I am happy.
You've been there for me when I've been sad, hungover, tired, confused.
Some have come to heckle you, try to tell me that you are not good enough for me, that I need something that looks better, is faster, more powerful.
They don't know.
We've bonded over rough seas, quiet sunrises and sunsets.
You've taken me to meet some wonderful people.
You've still taken care of me even when I've neglected to bring protection (stay with me people, I'm still talking about kayaking, ya know, sometimes I forget my spray skirt and PFD), and when I've made you take it from behind when it's been too big...I know, I know, I have to remember, you're not designed to take the big stuff from behind...you still ride it well and you make me feel safe when we take it there.
I cannot get enough of you and know that we will spend many more glorious times together and I look forward to them.

With love,
M


Thank goodness the kayak doesn't have a jealous streak
becuase since I've found Andrew
even "The Love of My Life" cannot compare.
: )


Time to hit the water!





No comments:

Post a Comment