Saturday, August 25, 2012

End of Summer School Celebratory Dinner

End of Summer-Semester Celebratory Dinner

All the veggies prepped!
at Chez Calasanz
I really love cooking dinner.
I especially love sitting across the table from my husband while enjoying a home cooked meal.
I had not had the opportunity to prepare one sit-down meal during my summer semester. 
I was so involved with reading 12 books in 2 months, along with writing interpretive and comparative essays, that I decided it was best to prep all our meals ahead of time.
It was more practical to have ACs dinners waiting for him in the fridge when he got home since I was not returning from the library til usually after 9pm.
To celebrate the end of the semester, Mister AC picked up a bottle of bubbly as I prepared dinner.

Shrimp!
Shrimp is ready for cooking!at Chez Calasanz 
Getting plates ready to accept the bounty!
at Chez Calasanz
Mmm, I love fresh and colorful veggies!
Mandolined raw golden beets, heirloom carrots and cucumbers
at Chez Calasanz

:)
Fresh and colorful veggies with a blend of brown and wild rices and mung beans, along with mandolined raw golden beets, heirloom carrots and cucumbers.at Chez Calasanz
:)
Dinner is served!at Chez Calasanz
:)
Spicy shrimp (garlic, ginger, shallots, chives, green onion, and chili flakes)
served with
Fresh and colorful veggies with a blend of brown and wild rices and mung beans, along with mandolined raw golden beets, heirloom carrots and cucumbers.
:)
My favorite view while eating dinner: My wonderful man enjoying his mealI love cooking dinner for this wonderful man!
Thankfully, he enjoys eating my cooking.
:)at Chez Calasanz

Time to eat!
:)
Spicy shrimp (garlic, ginger, shallots, chives, green onion, and chili flakes)
served with
Fresh and colorful veggies with a blend of brown and wild rices and mung beans, along with mandolined raw golden beets, heirloom carrots and cucumbers.
-Melissa Adylia Calasanz
Chez Calasanz

Hydration is essential!at Chez Calasanz
:)
Look closely and you can see Mister AC snagging some more shrimp!

It was such a treat to cook such a colorful, healthy, and delicious meal.
The best part was finally enjoying a meal and bubbly with my wonderful husband.
It was so nice to sit across from him and chat about life and shenanigans. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment