Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Salads: Easy, Delicious, & Nutritious

Salads
Colorful Ingredients = Delicious and Nutritious

This salad was for Mister ACs lunch.
Fresh greens topped with sliced cucumber; red, yellow, and orange heirloom tomatoes with Hawaiian sea salt and pepper; lentils, carrots, celery, green onion, and a hard boiled egg.

Oh, and No dressing necessary! All the veggies, lentils, eggs, and onions, add enough flavor...trust me.
:)

Who wants to cook when it's hot?
Not me.

Who wants to be in the kitchen when there are oceans to kayak, trails to hike and run, and beaches for reading books? 
Not me. 

So how do I find time to give my body delicious and nutritious meals that pack tons of flavor and still have time to enjoy all the wonderful physical activities summer has to offer?
I make salads! 




Fresh greens and shaved carrots, topped with blanched french beans; red, yellow, and orange heirloom tomatoes with Hawaiian sea salt and pepper; lentils, and a  boiled egg.
Oh, and No dressing necessary! All the veggies, lentils, eggs, and onions, add enough flavor...trust me.
:)



This salad was for my dinner
Fresh greens topped with sliced cucumber; red, yellow, and orange heirloom tomatoes with Hawaiian sea salt and pepper; lentils, carrots, celery, green onion, and a hard boiled egg.
Oh, and No dressing necessary! All the veggies, lentils, eggs, and onions, add enough flavor...trust me.
:)



The salad on the right was for me to take to school on a Monday night.
The salad on the right was for Mister ACs dinner.
Pretty much the same ingredients as above.



My post-8mile-hike meal on a Tuesday
Mixed greens and shaved carrots,
topped with blanched french beans, lentils, heirloom tomatoes, and hard boiled eggs.
Served with the most amazing grapefruit!
So good!


Eating well doesn’t require much time or even "cooking"
You will have to do some rinsing of the veggies, and perhaps a little chopping, but that doesn't take long.
Once that's done, all you have to do is assemble the fresh and beautiful ingredients. 

Food for Thought
Pick the most colorful, and attractive ingredients (you are what you eat) and the better the salad will be! I promise!

:)


There is no easier or more flavorful way to get the and nutrition your body craves than with a salad.
Grab those veggies and Enjoy!
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment